Friday, August 20

I Like American Football - Hey, Ben. Since the ACC will expand to 12 teams in 2005, the NCAA will allow them to start adding lucrative conference championship games to their schedule. Yesterday -- the same day I recieved my season tickets -- came word that the first such title bout will take place in our buddy John Y.'s hometown of Jacksonville, Fla next December. U.Va. has a seriously up-and-coming program, so I'm hoping there'll be reason to visit Northeast Florida in coming years. Any thoughts on whether the PAC-10 will be expanding to pursue a similar strategy? Maybe someday there'll be a season-capping matchup between your Cardinal and BfT's Trojans? (Well, no time soon, presumably.)

P.S. Yes, yes, I know U.Va. isn't my true alma mater, but you have to root for the Tigers in other things besides football.