Wednesday, June 9

Visiting Simi - A local perspective on the mourners at the Reagan Library from the Ventura County Star includes this passage: "A number of dignitaries paid their respects as well on Tuesday, moving past the lines in motorcades and slipping through a side door. Notable among them were Sen. John Kerry, Govs. Bill Richardson of New Mexico and Mitt Romney of Massachusetts, and celebrities Morgan Fairchild and Bruce Boxleitner, who came as representatives of the Screen Actors Guild, which was led at one time by Reagan. Actress Bo Derek also paid her respects." (emphasis mine) I'm not sure I'd categorize a washed-up Old Navy spokesmodel(/former Kerry flame!) and Mr. I'm-Married-To-The-President-of-SAG as "celebrities."

Oh and one more nitpicky thing--Even though I've read that Reagan's gravesite "overlooks" the Pacific, I'm pretty sure they mean to say it "faces" the ocean. After all, Simi Valley is 18 miles (as the crow flies) from Malibu.