Thursday, March 30

Attribution - Non-Commercial - Share Alike

That's a common form of Creative Commons license applied by bloggers, Flickr'ers and their publicly posting brethren. It was also the license applied by Adam Curry to photos on his Flickr share, and now he's successfully used the terms of the license to win a court case against a Dutch gossip magazine.

The case interests me, because I use a similar license -- though it permits commercial use -- and my own Flickrs have found their way to unexpected places on the Web from time to time as well. (DCist later ran a discussion of their photo use policy.) Nice to know I may actually have some rights in the wilds of the Internet, should I ever need to enforce them.

P.S. to Ben: I see our license here on the Bhaus is limited version 1.0. Maybe it's time to upgrade.