Tuesday, June 28

Idol Chatter

Not one, not two, but THREE big American Idol stories in the news this week.

  • First off, Ryan Seacrest is NOT gay: As an adolescent, he would made demo tapes to kickstart his career as a DJ, including introductions to Paula Abdul songs. Said Seacrest, "...I remember thinking Paula was hot. That's when I realized I liked girls." (emphasis mine) Hey, Ryan, in eighth grade when I realized that I liked Paula Abdul, I started having suspicious thoughts of another kind entirely.
  • Now, onto some news about Paula herself. Turns out Ms. Abdul was in Sacramento yesterday, lobbying for higher standards for nail salons. I knew that Paula had nearly lost a finger after a bad manicure, but maybe that serves her right for going someplace in The Valley. I'm still in shock that I didn't know she was in town...otherwise, I would have run over to the Capitol. Poor Paula's really been in pain: "Being a professional dancer, I'm no stranger to pain, but this time the pain was so excruciating that even my hair touching my thumb caused me to scream." I have no idea what that statement means, but no wonder you were on drugs, lady!
  • And finally, also here in Sacramento, Paula's alleged lover, Corey Clark was charged after a food fight with an executive at his record company (and/or girlfriend?) at the Sheraton Grande downtown. Apparantly, he had performed at Raley Field the night before?

I guess I haven't been paying enough attention to Idol, because I haven't been a regular watcher since people were "Aiken for Clay."