Saturday, August 28

My LiveJournal Entry - Ben, you were missed at today's lovely DC Gay Blogger brunch, although I had to clarify for Scott's benefit that you're just my blog-buddy, not better half. (As if! Heh.) Sitting outside at one long table in the August humidity, I mostly got to visit with my immediate neighbors, Ed and Kyle, as well as event m.c. Chris across the table. (Shockingly, I resisted playing photographer, knowing others would take care of that for me.) I'm hoping there will be follow-up gatherings and other opportunities to get to know my publishing peers better. Jimbo wants to put together something later in the Fall. Have you told him yet you might be in town Oct. 1-3?

P.S. You may know that our brunch today was instigated when Boi decided to make a sidetrip from the Republican Convention to tonight's U.S.C. - Virginia Tech game. The upshot was that the District was crawling with Hokie fans today. Ugh. Funny how seeing all that orange and maroon raises my blood pressure. Guess that's how I know it's football season again.