Monday, June 28

Back in Action - I've returned from my extended vacation to New England...with stops in Rhode Island, Massachusetts, New Hampshire and Maine. From a lovely wedding to fruitful outlet shopping to walking the beach on Cape Cod to wandering historic sites like Fall River, Massachusetts (home of Lizzie Borden, the OJ Simpson of her day!), we had an excellent time. In Boston, we learned everything we needed to know about Mitt Romney as well as how the Democratic National Convention is really gonna screw up commuting, and how the Big Dig is done (sort of). I also jumped on the bandwagon and finally read The Da Vinci Code. It's been a relaxing week away from it all, which means that now I've got a hell of a lot of stuff to catch up on. I'll do my best to post a bit this week, but with the Fourth of July just days away, I wouldn't expect much. And yes, John, I'll make an effort to comment on your posts from last week as well.

But to whet your appetite, here's a quickie item on California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger's take on gay marriage: "I don't care one way or the other."