Wednesday, July 24

Idol Eyes - Some brief observations on last night's "retro episode" of American Idol Live. It was my first viewing of the series. After I got used to his sneer, I found myself liking the show's snobby judge Simon Cowell the best. At least he tells it like it is, which is that some of these contestants just aren't superstar material. Actually, at this late point in the competition, I'm rather surprised by the poor showings by many of them. But will the pre-pubescent girls who do most of the voting figure that out, or will they just keep voting for that winsome whiner Justin? I thought the other boys rather fay (especially R.J.), but since they will likely bow out soon, it seems unlikely we'll see a repeat of the "surprise" announcement from the winner of the British series. Tune in to find out. (Or not.)