Thursday, April 6

Star Jones Reynolds to Get New Co-Host

We've got to keep things in perspective, right? The real story in the career ladders of celebrity journalist is wondering who will now sit next to Star when Meredith Viera, co-host of ABC's The View, leaves to fill Katie Couric's Manolos on the NBC's Today show.

The thing I still can't wrap my head around is that Couric turned down an offer that was reportedly worth about $20 million a year to stay at NBC, an offer which included the "Johnny Carson deal," allowing her to get not only the entire summer off, but also every Friday.

Three hours a day on the air a day, four days a week, nine months a year? I'd take comfort in knowing that I was making history with my handsome salary, rather than making history as the first woman to anchor the evening news solo.