Tuesday, July 19

Fruits, Nuts and Ink

The NYTimes has a piece on the advent of tattoos for fruit, to replace those pesky little stickers that currently remind cashiers what the code for a Fuji apple is. Although I have difficulty in believing that this quote wasn't a bit of an exaggeration:
Sticker-removal duty took Jean Lemeaux of Clarksville, Tex., half an hour one day last week. "I was picking all the little stickers from the Piggly Wiggly off my plums and my avocado pears and my peaches," said Ms. Lemeaux, 76. "Then I had to make fruit salad out of the ones that got hurt when I took the stickers off, and then I had to wash the glue off the other ones before I put them in the fruit bowl."

And speaking of tattoos, please note that there are two new reality shows, "Miami Ink" and "Inked," premiering this week.