Tuesday, May 10

Au Currant

Okay, now I feel trendy. When Kyle invited me last month to be his "plus one" at a Paper magazine party being thrown at the Hotel Roosevelt in downtown Hollywood, I had no idea I'd be getting a preview of "Amanda Demme's latest hipster haunt," the Tropicana Bar, soon to be profiled on Style.com.

P.S. Once again, I only manage to post my travel notes on a weeks-delayed basis. :-P Luckily, Kyle has already given us a near instantaneous retelling of my fabulous weekend retreat to LA (with photo galleries here, here and here). Besides celebrity pool parties, my favorite experiences included the laidback scene at Akbar, people watching on Melrose, and brunching on the patio at the Westwood W. What a difference it makes to visit a city in the company of friendly locals! Both recent immigrants and long time denizens -- not to mention my Bhaus co-producer and his lovely husband -- contributed their time to make my mid-April get-away a most pleasant one. You might even say, "Los Angeles, I'm Yours."