Thursday, January 27

Me Me Me Meme

With a mission from Drew, I hereby respond to the musical meme making the rounds of the blogging world. Judging from the other replies I've read, I'm reminded that music seems to be far less important to me than to other people. I feel like I'm in junior high...not knowing whether to admit to my real lowbrow tastes or to pretend to like something that's been deemed to be cooler. In eighth grade, I liked Paula Abdul, who was popular-ish, but not cool. And definitely not cool for a boy. Having revealed that, I guess I don't feel any need to prove that I'm a hipster. So judge me as you will.

1. What is the total amount of music files on your computer?

5.43GB on my laptop

2. The CD you last bought is:

Album: Gwen Stefani - Love, Angel, Music, Baby
Single: Sarah McLachlan - Stupid
Download: Emma Bunton - Free Me

3. What is the song you last listened to before reading this message?

Since You Been Gone - Kelly Clarkson

4. Write down 5 songs you often listen to or that mean a lot to you.

My initial reaction to this question was to think of songs that I particularly associate with a specific of time of my life. And that's how I'm going to respond.

C'mon & Get My Love - D-Mob featuring Cathy Dennis
(Colina Middle School student store)
With or Without You - U2 (Westlake High School yearbook room)
Killing Me Softly - Roberta Flack
(Blasted by next door neighbor at Stanford for 9 hours continuously.)
Torn - Natalie Imbruglia
(Driving to first job interview)
My Love Don't Cost a Thing - Jennifer Lopez
(Trip to Vancouver)

5. Who are you going to pass this stick to? and why?

I'm going to punt and let John be the one to pass along the official Beaverhausen stick.