Tuesday, October 7

Inexcusably Indulgent - This is exactly the sort of post I hate. Generally speaking, I'm not a fan of the LiveJournal online diary type of blogging, a conversation I've had with Scott many times. But I'm in a great mood today and so I've decided to buck my own rules. It's a beautiful day here in Sacramento--sunny and in the low 80s--with the promise of a calmer autumn with the results of the recall, whatever they may be, announced soon. The big meeting I was staffing is over, I got myself a cute new haircut, and bought a new pair of workout shorts last night. Then today, I sat outside, reading my new book and enjoying a delicious "Fall Recall" sandwich of sliced grilled chicken, cranberry chutney and cheddar on a toasted ciabatta plus a cup of chipotle corn chowder (sans the cilantro garnish, ick) from Pluto's. I guess I'll wait until tomorrow to start the South Beach diet.