Friday, September 26

In This Week's Gay Rag - The Blade confirms what I supposed earlier -- that Out on Rugby is more about challenging the fraternity system at UVa than joining it. The same folks who recently queered the name of the school's gay student group are behind OOR, and both projects appear to reflect the same confrontational political agenda. I may not agree with that, but kids will be kids. How can I begrudge them an outlet for their youthful outrage and activism? I wonder how their more conservative competition at GMC, the group for traditional fraternity men-who-happen-to-like-men is doing?

As an aside, I see the Blade is also covering the story of a gay veterans monument in DC. What are they doing, lifting topics (albeit belatedly) from the Beav? I jest. The Blade is a reliably excellent tabloid and an asset to the gay community nationwide.