Tuesday, April 22

Mary, Mary, quite contrary - This article declaring moral independence of the San Francisco Bay area from the rest of America makes me glad I registered as a Republican when I got my D.C. driver's license today.

Sure, the GOP is a tiny minority in this sea of Democrats here in Washington (both the poor minority type and the limosine liberal type), but at least I don't have to be a part of any kind of smugly self-satisfied p.c. groupthink that passes for political intellect in any area (like SF) where the liberals overwhelmingly predominate.

Still, I may rethink the affiliation down the road. It's a little too late to write in John McCain in the first-to-occur GOP primary of the 2004 election . Maybe I could get invited to A-list fundraisers by W's wealthy homo friends in the District -- hint, hint, Charles Francis? -- but I would miss out on the Democratic mayoral primary, which of course is really the only game in town on that end. So we'll see, but in the meantime, where's the Log Cabin meeting this month?