Monday, November 17

Project Runway - During a conversation with John about buying myself a cute new shirt at J. Crew (worn by the cute boy with short hair in the back row), I was encouraged to post an item on Beaverhausen about it. While some might argue that they can't afford any new couture now, I feel compelled to keep up with some of the latest trends. However, I'd dispute that statement, tongue firmly in cheek - you can't afford NOT to keep up with fashion! Every day is an opportunity to show it off!

During this chat, John noted that it's taken him a while to understand the role of color in selecting the most appropriate clothing for his skin tones. Let's join this chat, already in progress:

jsmjrVA: for a LONG time I was stuck in a blue/green rut - okay, but boring
benjb75: *shock* you mean your mother didn't ever teach you Color Me Beautiful? It was a Big Thing in the late 80's! I'm an autumn :-)
jsmjr VA: I don't know what that means. I just know plenty of objectively good looking shirts are not right for me
benjb75: to oversimplify, Color Me Beautiful is about defining yourself as a season, in terms of color palette
benjb75: spring=you look good in pastel colors, summer=brights, fall=earthy tones, winter=black & white
jsmjr VA: maybe you can turn this chat into a blog item? ;-)

And there you have it, a lesson in fashion, circa 1987, along with a dose of modern-day trendspotting.