Wednesday, March 12

Requisite Gay Post - Time had an article about gay fraternities in last week's issue. I have to say, the whole concept is foreign to me, probably mostly because I went to a university where greek life wasn't very important. I have to imagine that on a campus with a really strong history of student involvement in fraternities and sororities, being a member of these cliques is critically important to a sense of belonging. So maybe that's why the groups described in Time came into existence. I'm not the only one to question whether the brothers can keep their promises not to become sexually involved, am I? Isn't the pool of potential gay male dates on the campus of Florida International University pretty small?

In other news, the Washington Post profiles a gay boy who is the captain of his high school dance squad. It's an interesting, but sad comparison to this recent Sac Bee article about the suicide of a gay boy at a Sacramento area high school.