Wednesday, May 22

Dangers of the Internet - Reply - Fascinating what a newspaper can find out about a person (in this case, a victim and an alleged killer) by searching the Internet. Apparently AOL got on the stick after the fact because now I can find neither of the screen names mentioned in the Times article at the Hometown website. I don't have AOL myself, so I can't check internally. I was intrigued by this 13-year-old's reported appetite for sex. Reminds me of a scene from Eyes Wide Shut.* (I was wading through that plodder for the first time last night on TiVo). You would think it takes two to tango, right? The same can be said for the Internet prowler and his little Lolita from Fairfield county. (By the way, isn't 13 a bit old for a sixth grader?)

*Alice Harford: Millions of years of evolution, right? Right? Men have to stick it in every place they can, but for women... women it is just about security and commitment and whatever the fuck else!

Doctor William "Bill" Harford: A little oversimplified, Alice, but yes, something like that.

Alice Harford: If you men only knew...